Flashing Rows

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by rikesh, Jun 13, 2004.

  1. rikesh

    rikesh Guest

    Hi

    Does anyone know how to make a table row flash in a certain colour,
    depending on a DB value?

    I have a helpdesk application listing statuses of Agents and the calls
    queued on the system.

    When a call is queued, I wish to make that Agent's Table row, flash.

    Or even a cell flash.

    Any ideas?

    --
    Kind Regards

    Rikesh
    (V.InterDev6.0-SP5/W2K-SP4/SQL2K-SP3)

    rikesh, Jun 13, 2004

  2. rikesh

    Evertjan. Guest

    rikesh wrote on 13 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Does anyone know how to make a table row flash in a certain colour,
    > depending on a DB value?
    >
    > I have a helpdesk application listing statuses of Agents and the calls
    > queued on the system.
    >
    > When a call is queued, I wish to make that Agent's Table row, flash.
    >
    > Or even a cell flash.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Yes, but the flashing of a class is done with clientside [java]script.

    so please ask a clientside [java?]scripy ng.

    <%
    if row=3 then
    classrow3select="class='flashing'"
    else
    classrow3select=""
    end if
    %>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 13, 2004

  3. You may want to try the every popular RED with white Text. Flashing,
    might be a bit too much for the eyes if the user has to act on the text.
    I would actually do a mock up of both (flashing and red/white) and ask
    for input.

    David C. Holley, Jun 14, 2004