Flashing

Shelly

I have a menu with three items. If I go back and forth over them quickly
many times, occasionally the entire screen flashes. Does anyone have an
idea what might be causing this and how it might be prevented?

For a URL go to www.festivalnetwork.com/events.php and move up and down
quickly with the mouse many times over the Events A-Z, Events by Region and
Events By Month

Shelly

Shelly said:
I have a menu with three items. If I go back and forth over them
quickly many times, occasionally the entire screen flashes. Does
anyone have an idea what might be causing this and how it might be
prevented?
For a URL go to www.festivalnetwork.com/events.php and move up and
down quickly with the mouse many times over the Events A-Z, Events by
Region and Events By Month

This does not seem to be a problem in IE7 -- just IE6.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Shelly said:
This does not seem to be a problem in IE7 -- just IE6.

Perhaps IE6 is confused by the errors?

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.festivalnetwork.com/events.php>
"This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!
Result: Failed validation, 53 Errors"

<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...uri=http://www.festivalnetwork.com/events.php>
"Sorry! We found the following errors"
(There are five CSS errors, and 33 warnings)

Maybe it is a JavaScript problem. I see all that Dreamweaver stuff in
there. I have JavaScript disabled.

That flashing paned graphic is probably appropriate for your site, but
is annoying and grabs the eye from the real content. Perhaps you can
tone that down quite a bit.

New documents should use a Strict doctype, not Transitional.