    Events By Month

    --
    Shelly.
    Shelly, Nov 19, 2007

  2. Shelly

    Shelly Guest

    Shelly wrote:
    > I have a menu with three items. If I go back and forth over them
    > quickly many times, occasionally the entire screen flashes. Does
    > anyone have an idea what might be causing this and how it might be
    > prevented?
    > For a URL go to www.festivalnetwork.com/events.php and move up and
    > down quickly with the mouse many times over the Events A-Z, Events by
    > Region and Events By Month

    This does not seem to be a problem in IE7 -- just IE6.

    --
    Shelly
    Shelly, Nov 19, 2007

  3. Shelly wrote:

    > Shelly wrote:
    >> I have a menu with three items. If I go back and forth over them
    >> quickly many times, occasionally the entire screen flashes. Does
    >> anyone have an idea what might be causing this and how it might be
    >> prevented?
    >> For a URL go to www.festivalnetwork.com/events.php and move up and
    >> down quickly with the mouse many times over the Events A-Z, Events by
    >> Region and Events By Month

    > This does not seem to be a problem in IE7 -- just IE6.

    Perhaps IE6 is confused by the errors?

    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.festivalnetwork.com%2Fevents.php>
    "This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!
    Result: Failed validation, 53 Errors"

    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.festivalnetwork.com%2Fevents.php>
    "Sorry! We found the following errors"
    (There are five CSS errors, and 33 warnings)

    Maybe it is a JavaScript problem. I see all that Dreamweaver stuff in
    there. I have JavaScript disabled.

    That flashing paned graphic is probably appropriate for your site, but
    is annoying and grabs the eye from the real content. Perhaps you can
    tone that down quite a bit.

    New documents should use a Strict doctype, not Transitional.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 19, 2007