Flicker effect with onmouseover Asp.net buttons Internet explorer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by pduncan, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. pduncan

    pduncan Guest

    I'm putting custom tooltips on my buttons and am getting a flicker
    effect with buttons in Internet explorer (not firefox)

    When you mouse over a button in internet explorer, the outline of the
    button turns from blue to orange, when this happens, my tooltip
    vanishes and then reappears when the mouse goes to the center of the
    button.

    So if we take the mouse pointer and go left to right over the button

    - tool tip appears (when entering button)
    - tool tip disappears (when going over left border)
    - tool tip appears (when going over middle of button)
    - tool tip disappears (when going over right border)
    - tool tip appears (when leaving right border)
    and finally disappears when leaving the button

    Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

    Thanks,
    Paul

    pduncan, Apr 28, 2006

  2. pduncan

    pduncan Guest

    well, I fixed the problem by making the border width greater than 0.
    Works for me

    pduncan, Apr 28, 2006