Flicker effect with onmouseover Asp.net buttons Internet explorer

pduncan

I'm putting custom tooltips on my buttons and am getting a flicker
effect with buttons in Internet explorer (not firefox)

When you mouse over a button in internet explorer, the outline of the
button turns from blue to orange, when this happens, my tooltip
vanishes and then reappears when the mouse goes to the center of the
button.

So if we take the mouse pointer and go left to right over the button

- tool tip appears (when entering button)
- tool tip disappears (when going over left border)
- tool tip appears (when going over middle of button)
- tool tip disappears (when going over right border)
- tool tip appears (when leaving right border)
and finally disappears when leaving the button

Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Paul