Float and clear

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Mar 12, 2005.

  1. Hello,
    I am having some problems with positioning a table on the page
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
    This table which shows the frame for the local search engine should be
    positioned on the right of the menu but not after it
    (that seems to be possible only by selecting "auto" and I do not understand
    why).
    The photo should be on the right of the menu and on the left of the text but
    not after the menu on the left.
    The table should not be as large as the tables with data which I used on
    other pages
    such as
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien-rom-trevi.php.
    While using only only a class of tables the table showing the frame for the
    local search engine is positioned on the right place but in this case I
    cannot have larger tables for the data.
    By contrast, while using more than a class of tables and setting some
    procentual weight, for example
    "weight:100%;" for the tables with data I get the problem which I tried to
    describe above.

    Here is the code which I used on my relative sheet
    when I did not select "auto".

    p{
    margin-bottom: 2%;
    margin-top: 2%;
    text-indent: 7%;
    text-align: left;
    margin-left:10%;
    margin-right:8%;
    }

    TABLE{

    border: 1px solid red;
    background:#0fffff;
    width:100%;
    border-spacing: 5px;
    }

    ..one {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
    background: #0fffff;
    margin-left:auto; clear:right; width:auto;}
    ..two {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
    background: #ffffff;
    width:100%;}
    ..three {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
    background: #99ff66;}
    ..four {
    color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
    background: #cc6600;}
    ..four a {color: #ffffff; background-color:#cc6600; }

    th, td {
    color: black;
    background: transparent;
    text-align:center;

    border: 1px solid black;
    }

    li, h1, h2, h3, a {
    color: black;
    background: transparent;
    text-align:center;}

    #five a{
    color:white;
    background: #cc6600;}

    body {
    background: #ffffcc;
    color: black;
    font-size: 100%;
    margin: 1%;}
    #head{border:0px solid white;}

    #content{
    margin-left:auto;
    border:1px solid green;}
    DIV.normal{margin-top: 5%;
    margin-left:5%;

    }
    div#menu{color:#000000;
    background:#ffffcc;
    width:30ex;

    border:1px solid white;
    text-align:center;

    float:left;}
    #menu a {
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    color: #0000ff;
    background:#ffcc66;

    border-left: 1px solid #F66460;
    border-top: 1px solid #F66460;
    border-right: 1px solid #000000;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
    width: 80%;

    margin-top: 5px;

    display: block;}
    #menu a:active {color: #0000ff; background-color:#ffffff; }
    #menu a:visited {color: #000000; background-color:#ffffff;}
    #menu a:hover {
    color: #666666;
    background-color:#ffffff;
    border-left: 1px solid #000000;
    border-top: 1px solid #000000;
    border-right: 1px solid #F66460;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #F66460;}
    div.top {margin-top: 2%;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    text-align:center;
    }
    div.bottom {margin-bottom: 2%;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right:auto;}

    IMG {border:none;}
    ..one { float:left; clear:both;}
    ..two { float:left; padding:15px;
    background-color:#ffffcc;}
    ..three { float:right; padding:15px;
    background-color:#ffffcc;}
    ..four { float:right; clear:both; padding:15px;
    background-color:#ffffcc;}
    ..five{float: left; margin-left: 0;}
    ..six{float: left; margin-left: 0;
    padding: 15px;}
    ..seven{float: left; margin-left: 0;
    padding: 15px; background-color:#0fffff;}

    ul {
    list-style: none;
    margin-left: auto;

    }
    li.bilder{list-style:disc;
    float: left;
    display:inline;
    padding-left:10px;
    padding-right:10px;
    }
    li.horizontal{list-style:disc;

    display:inline;
    padding-left:10px;
    padding-right:10px;
    }

    dt{font-weight:bold;}

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenhetitalien3.html

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Mar 12, 2005

    > Hello,
    > I am having some problems with positioning a table on the page
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
    > This table which shows the frame for the local search engine should be
    > positioned on the right of the menu but not after it
    > (that seems to be possible only by selecting "auto" and I do not

    understand
    > why).

    It is also possible by selecting a procentual weight which is not high and
    using only a class of tables on the same page.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Mar 12, 2005