Float and clear

Luigi Donatello Asero

Hello,
I am having some problems with positioning a table on the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
This table which shows the frame for the local search engine should be
positioned on the right of the menu but not after it
(that seems to be possible only by selecting "auto" and I do not understand
why).
The photo should be on the right of the menu and on the left of the text but
not after the menu on the left.
The table should not be as large as the tables with data which I used on
other pages
such as
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/italien-rom-trevi.php.
While using only only a class of tables the table showing the frame for the
local search engine is positioned on the right place but in this case I
cannot have larger tables for the data.
By contrast, while using more than a class of tables and setting some
procentual weight, for example
"weight:100%;" for the tables with data I get the problem which I tried to
describe above.

Here is the code which I used on my relative sheet
when I did not select "auto".

p{
margin-bottom: 2%;
margin-top: 2%;
text-indent: 7%;
text-align: left;
margin-left:10%;
margin-right:8%;
}

TABLE{

border: 1px solid red;
background:#0fffff;
width:100%;
border-spacing: 5px;
}

..one {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
background: #0fffff;
margin-left:auto; clear:right; width:auto;}
..two {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
background: #ffffff;
width:100%;}
..three {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
background: #99ff66;}
..four {
color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
background: #cc6600;}
..four a {color: #ffffff; background-color:#cc6600; }

th, td {
color: black;
background: transparent;
text-align:center;

border: 1px solid black;
}

li, h1, h2, h3, a {
color: black;
background: transparent;
text-align:center;}

#five a{
color:white;
background: #cc6600;}

body {
background: #ffffcc;
color: black;
font-size: 100%;
margin: 1%;}
#head{border:0px solid white;}

#content{
margin-left:auto;
border:1px solid green;}
DIV.normal{margin-top: 5%;
margin-left:5%;

}
div#menu{color:#000000;
background:#ffffcc;
width:30ex;

border:1px solid white;
text-align:center;

float:left;}
#menu a {
margin-left:auto;
margin-right: auto;
color: #0000ff;
background:#ffcc66;

border-left: 1px solid #F66460;
border-top: 1px solid #F66460;
border-right: 1px solid #000000;
border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
width: 80%;

margin-top: 5px;

display: block;}
#menu a:active {color: #0000ff; background-color:#ffffff; }
#menu a:visited {color: #000000; background-color:#ffffff;}
#menu a:hover {
color: #666666;
background-color:#ffffff;
border-left: 1px solid #000000;
border-top: 1px solid #000000;
border-right: 1px solid #F66460;
border-bottom: 1px solid #F66460;}
div.top {margin-top: 2%;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right:auto;
text-align:center;
}
div.bottom {margin-bottom: 2%;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right:auto;}

IMG {border:none;}
..one { float:left; clear:both;}
..two { float:left; padding:15px;
background-color:#ffffcc;}
..three { float:right; padding:15px;
background-color:#ffffcc;}
..four { float:right; clear:both; padding:15px;
background-color:#ffffcc;}
..five{float: left; margin-left: 0;}
..six{float: left; margin-left: 0;
padding: 15px;}
..seven{float: left; margin-left: 0;
padding: 15px; background-color:#0fffff;}

ul {
list-style: none;
margin-left: auto;

}
li.bilder{list-style:disc;
float: left;
display:inline;
padding-left:10px;
padding-right:10px;
}
li.horizontal{list-style:disc;

display:inline;
padding-left:10px;
padding-right:10px;
}

dt{font-weight:bold;}

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Hello,
I am having some problems with positioning a table on the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
This table which shows the frame for the local search engine should be
positioned on the right of the menu but not after it
(that seems to be possible only by selecting "auto" and I do not understand
why).

It is also possible by selecting a procentual weight which is not high and
using only a class of tables on the same page.