Float layout problem

Henry

brucie said:
In alt.html Henry said:

just realized what you were talking about, its fixed now

because FF and other modern browsers support min-height. a hack is
needed for IE.

That's why I like css for text and fonts only.

I've saved your and my pages and sizes are as posted.

If you will add a hack for IE, than of course size will be bigger again.

I understand principles in css and in case on hundreds pages is a magic,
but in layout cases tables will stay IMHO until IE will have less than
40% of share of browsers.

I assume, the most here will push hard to get rid off that buggy
monster, once for all.

;)

But... there is a possibility that will never happen.

Someone has said that tables are for a tabular data.

The last thing table are used is a... tabular data.

;)

Tables are most popular thingy for page layout regardless some wishes.

Cheers...

Mark Parnell

I understand principles in css and in case on hundreds pages is a magic,
but in layout cases tables will stay IMHO until IE will have less than
40% of share of browsers.

Even IE copes with most CSS layouts quite reasonably. In some cases some
minor hacks are required - though they hardly negate the benefits of
using CSS in the first place. Some things IE simply doesn't handle at
all, but they are rarely needed. Again, the need for hacks does not
negate the benefits of CSS.
Someone has said that tables are for a tabular data.

That's why they're called *tables*. Funny that.
The last thing table are used is a... tabular data.

Unfortunately in many cases, yes. A sad state of affairs.
Tables are most popular thingy for page layout regardless some wishes.

The most popular browser is IE. Does that mean it's the best? Hardly.