    If anybody knows how to solve this problem, I would really appreciate your
    help!

    Thanks!

    Fredo Vincentis, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Fredo Vincentis

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Fredo Vincentis wrote:
    > I use float to create a two-column design: float one div on the left,
    > the other on the right. IE5/Mac for some reason decides not to put
    > the two DIVs next to eachother, but push the second DIV to the bottom
    > (right aligned, but below the left aligned DIV).

    I had the same problem some time ago. Solved it by adding clear: both to a
    div box that contained two other boxes.
    Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Fredo Vincentis

    Kris Guest

    In article <3fbf52ea$0$216$>,
    "Nico Schuyt" <> wrote:

    > Fredo Vincentis wrote:
    > > I use float to create a two-column design: float one div on the left,
    > > the other on the right. IE5/Mac for some reason decides not to put
    > > the two DIVs next to eachother, but push the second DIV to the bottom
    > > (right aligned, but below the left aligned DIV).

    > I had the same problem some time ago. Solved it by adding clear: both to a
    > div box that contained two other boxes.

    As I recall, that's another thing. My experience is that floated
    elements inside an element that has the clear property set
    (left/right/both), sometimes act wrong in IE5/Mac.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)

    Kris, Nov 22, 2003