float: use of comma's versus dots: 12,2 or 12.2

nicholas

I have a webform that inserts product data in an sql database.
The price field is of the type "float".
On my web form, if I insert for example 12,2 in the price field => OK
But if I insert 12.2 I get an error.

Now the problem is that if I use the decimal-key (=dot) on my numeric path,
it inserts a "." instead of a ","
So I have to use the comma from outside the numeric path.

I have several computers, and all do the same.
I'm from belgium and in belgium, we use a comma as separator.

The weird thing is that if I for example open MS Excel and insert a number
with decimal , than the decimal separtor is inserted as a comma ",".

Hope someone can help me.

THX

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

On my web form, if I insert for example 12,2 in the price field => OK
But if I insert 12.2 I get an error.

Do you use ADO.NET Parameters?