"Floating Layer" when hovering over a LinkButton

GD

I have a collection of asp:LinkButtons on a web form. Based on some
reporting criteria, I will be "highlighting" some of these LinkButtons.

I'd like the user to be able to mouseover the LinkButton and get a
"floating layer" with some text in this.

How can I achieve this on the server side? The conditions that I will
evaluate in order to determine whether or not to highlight a button
will be evaluated on the server side.

On the server side, I will be able to then add onmouseover and
onmouseout attributes to the control.

Thanks for your help

Bruce Barker

it would be ugly. on the linkbutton mouse over, you would need to postback
the page to let the server decide the mouseover behavior. you could use an
AJAX approach, or better yet move the logic to the client.

if you can determine at orignal render time, just add the mouseover
attributes then.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

GD

I can do something like:

lblMyLabel.Attributes["onmouseover"] = some javascript;
lblMyLabel.Attributes["onmouseout"] = some javascript;

Guest

CSS/Styles will be your best bet, otherwise just add the .Attributes() to the
control passing in the appropriate clientside events/calls/etc.