floating left not working in ie 6 & 7

Tarscher

Hi all,

I 'm trying to build a menu structure ( http://www.teamgeisthq.com/user/menu.html
) with 3 divs floating left. The second div contains other divs. In FF
the divs are correctly rendered next to each other. In ie 6 and ie 7
the 3th div is wrongly rendered at the bottom.

Someone knows hox I can solve this?

Thanks
Stijn

Bergamot

Tarscher said:
I 'm trying to build a menu structure ( http://www.teamgeisthq.com/user/menu.html
) with 3 divs floating left. The second div contains other divs. In FF
the divs are correctly rendered next to each other. In ie 6 and ie 7
the 3th div is wrongly rendered at the bottom.

Lack of a doctype throws all browsers into quirks mode, so it's
unrealistic to expect consistent rendering.
http://www.google.com/search?q=what is quirks mode?

I suspect the way you have this coded probably isn't ideal, either.
Unordered lists are better for navigation menus. They degrade much
better than a string of divs and the styling possibilities are huge.
http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/