    I need more DECIMAL PLACES!!! INFINITE DECIMAL PLACES!!! YES PLEASE!!!

    Help me,
    Ben Pazolli
    bpazolli, Dec 30, 2006

  2. bpazolli

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "bpazolli" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I need more DECIMAL PLACES!!! INFINITE DECIMAL PLACES!!! YES PLEASE!!!

    C++'s floating point types (float and double) support
    a finite amount of precision. If you want more, you'll
    need to find or write code to do it. Google would probably
    find some already written libraries. But I doubt anyone
    has yet reached infinity. :)

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Dec 30, 2006

  3. bpazolli

    John Carson Guest

    "bpazolli" <> wrote in message
    > I need more DECIMAL PLACES!!! INFINITE DECIMAL PLACES!!! YES PLEASE!!!
    >
    > Help me,
    > Ben Pazolli

    Google for

    arbitrary precision arithmetic

    --
    John Carson
    John Carson, Dec 30, 2006
  4. Mike Wahler wrote:
    > "bpazolli" <> wrote in message
    >> I need more DECIMAL PLACES!!! INFINITE DECIMAL PLACES!!! YES PLEASE!!!

    > C++'s floating point types (float and double) support
    > a finite amount of precision. If you want more, you'll
    > need to find or write code to do it. Google would probably
    > find some already written libraries. But I doubt anyone
    > has yet reached infinity. :)

    Sometimes people mean "arbitrary" when they say "infinite".

    see:
    http://www.swox.com/gmp/
    Gianni Mariani, Dec 30, 2006