floating table with tables inside

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jemdam.com, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Jemdam.com

    Jemdam.com Guest

    Hi,

    I make all my HTML by hand and wondered if someone could let me know if this
    is possible. I want to make a table with width set to 90% and when I resize
    the window I need the contents of this to move. Now this is simple with TEXT
    and IMAGES as you just add the text and use align for the image and it all
    floats. However I need to display a series of tables inside the main table
    but would like them to have the same effect. When I try this each internal
    table is on a new line instead of on the right. Hope this makes sense? Any
    ideas? Here is my example:

    repeat internal tables a few times . . . ..

    Thanks, David http://www.pubtricks.com

    Jemdam.com, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Jemdam.com

    Els Guest

    Jemdam.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I make all my HTML by hand and wondered if someone could let me know if this
    > is possible. I want to make a table with width set to 90% and when I resize
    > the window I need the contents of this to move. Now this is simple with TEXT
    > and IMAGES as you just add the text and use align for the image and it all
    > floats. However I need to display a series of tables inside the main table
    > but would like them to have the same effect. When I try this each internal
    > table is on a new line instead of on the right. Hope this makes sense? Any
    > ideas? Here is my example:

    [snip code for tables inside table]

    Add this to your stylesheet:
    table table{
    width:[some value];
    float:left;
    }

    Since you see to have just images and texts (captions?) in the tables,
    you might wanna check an example I made in the past:
    http://locusmeus.com/test/thumbswithcaptions.html
    and to center those tables as well:
    http://locusmeus.com/test/thumbswithcaptionscentered.html

    --