    about this jag and what was recommended.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 19, 2006

  2. dorayme

    BootNic Guest

    > "dorayme" <> wrote:
    >
    > Would appreciate any recommendations to make the list at
    > http://tinyurl.com/zcpgv behave itself in WinIE closest to this
    > sort of markup and css? I know there are other ways to go, but I
    > am curious as to how to make this more rock solid. I have removed
    > my every stumbling hacks and left it bare to see what you might
    > suggest.
    >
    > It behaves nicely in all modern Mac browsers I have at hand. ie.
    > it has the grace wanted in the margin to left and reasonable
    > grace to right of pic and the list text is lined up on the left
    > neatly with no kinks, no wrapping, no drops or gaps or surprising
    > behaviour. But not in IE as can be seen from various window
    > resizing, text enlarging... In particular, a slight kink in the
    > list as it clears the float. I have now forgotten where I read up
    > about this jag and what was recommended.

    http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/threepxtest.html

    ul {
    margin: 0 0 0 330px;
    padding: 0;
    text-align: left;
    list-style-type: none;
    border: 1px red solid;
    background: transparent;
    height:expression('1px'); /* will not validate */
    }

    OR

    <!--[if IE]>
    ul {
    height:1px;
    }
    <![endif]-->

    --
    BootNic Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:48 PM

    Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.
    *Salvador Dali*

    BootNic, May 19, 2006

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Jmabg.73760$>,
    "BootNic" <> wrote:

    > > "dorayme" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Would appreciate any recommendations to make the list at
    > > http://tinyurl.com/zcpgv behave itself in WinIE closest to this
    > > sort of markup and css?

    >> ... In particular, a slight kink in the
    > > list as it clears the float. I have now forgotten where I read up
    > > about this jag and what was recommended.

    > http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/threepxtest.html

    Thank you Bootnic, I greatly appreciate this, saved me possibly a
    lot of time trying to find this again. It is exactly where I read
    it and it is in my bookmarks!

    I have tested both the IE conditional and the "height:expression"
    one in IE6 (but not 5) and both remove that slight kink and have
    no side effects in at least Mac Safari, IE and Opera. As it
    happens, my built in validator in my text editor passes the one
    that you say will not validate, but other checks reveal
    different. iCab face does not smile (it smiles only when html and
    css is completely kosher) and just explains that "expression' is
    an "unknown css property". I could live with this but probably
    will go for the conditional. Hope this fix is not mucking up any
    other browser (like IE7 ... my offline Winbox has not got this
    yet).

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 20, 2006
  4. dorayme

    BootNic Guest

    > "dorayme" <> wrote:

    [snip}

    > I have tested both the IE conditional and the "height:expression"
    > one in IE6 (but not 5) and both remove that slight kink and have
    > no side effects in at least Mac Safari, IE and Opera. As it
    > happens, my built in validator in my text editor passes the one
    > that you say will not validate, but other checks reveal
    > different. iCab face does not smile (it smiles only when html and
    > css is completely kosher) and just explains that "expression' is
    > an "unknown css property". I could live with this but probably
    > will go for the conditional. Hope this fix is not mucking up any
    > other browser (like IE7 ... my offline Winbox has not got this
    > yet).

    I have read somewhere that the 3 Pixel Text Jog is suppose to get fixed in IE7, no
    worries if you go with the conditional statement.

    Just limit it to less then or equal to IE 6.

    <!--[if lte IE 6]>
    ul {
    height:1px;
    }
    <![endif]-->

    --
    BootNic Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:16 AM

    Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's
    superiority to all that befalls him.
    *Romain Gary*

    BootNic, May 20, 2006