flock vs fcntl and nfs

Ara.T.Howard

missing/flock.c contains an implementation of flock which uses fcntl. is
there any reason NOT to use this ALL the time? on my system, which has flock,
File#flock will not work over NFS. if fcntl were used underneath it would be
possible for this to work on NFS as well.

does any one know how to force the compile of ruby to pick up missing/flock.c
even if my system has one?

-a

--

ATTN: please update your address books with address below!