Flowcharting Code in Java

K.Z.Zamli

Dear All,

I am looking to write a flowcharting tool in Java. Basically, I need
to be able to manipulate nodes and arcs...Does anyone hava a basic code
for it...? If not, could you point me to the right direction (i.e.
available libraries..etc. if any...).

Thanks in advance... Cheers

sinleeh

Hello,

There are quite a few. Try searching in sourceforge.net to see is
there any one suitable.

Just off my head:
If you do not need to manipulate nodes and arcs (I know that in the
original post you said you have to, but if you can avoid it, avoid it
coz it introduces complexity into the code), try Graphviz @
http://www.graphviz.org/. It is not a java program but you can draw the
diagram, compile it into PNG or other picture format and display it.
used in Taverna Workbench (tarverna.sourceforge.net)

If you can forgo Swing and use SWT instead, try GEF
(http://www.eclipse.org/gef). It is a low level tool and you will have
to design your node elements etc.

See http://jflowchart.com/ for JGraph. They have a free and non-free
version.