flowing words

Vinnie

using Flash it's easy to create a small textbox, and let the news to
flow i.e. from right to left.

I was wondering if there is something in asp.net 2.0 C#, to create
anything like that.

Vinnie

Guest

using Flash it's easy to create a small textbox, and let the news to
flow i.e. from right to left.

I was wondering if there is something in asp.net 2.0 C#, to create
anything like that.

Vinnie

<MARQUEE>
<asp:Label id=....>
</MARQUEE>

Kevin Spencer

Wrong answer. The marquee tag is proprietary to IE, and is not part of any
standard. It will not work in many browsers. The alternatives are
JavaScript, Flash, etc.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

http://www.miradyne.net

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!>> It will not work in many browsers.
!> Such as...?

Netscape ( unless in IE mode... )
In Opera the stop/start commands don't work.

Also, search engine's robots will ignore your marqueed content.

Bottom line : the effect won't be visible in all web browsers.

There's Javascript solutions which, almost, work like the marquee tag:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/cmarquee2.htm
....but, again Netscape and Opera have problems with it.

To me, using the marquee tag is no better than using the <blink> tag. ( Ugh! )

Mark Rae [MVP]

!>> It will not work in many browsers.
!> Such as...?

Netscape ( unless in IE mode... )
In Opera the stop/start commands don't work.

Thanks for that.
To me, using the marquee tag is no better than using the <blink> tag. (
Ugh! )

Oh indeed - I couldn't agree more...!

Guest

re:
!>> It will not work in many browsers.
!> Such as...?

Netscape ( unless in IE mode... )
In Opera the stop/start commands don't work.

Netscape 9 drops support for IE mode and is now Gecko only, which is
working with the <marquee> tag.