    I was wondering if there is something in asp.net 2.0 C#, to create
    anything like that.

    Vinnie

    Vinnie, Oct 3, 2007

  2. On Oct 3, 6:29 pm, Vinnie <> wrote:
    > using Flash it's easy to create a small textbox, and let the news to
    > flow i.e. from right to left.
    >
    > I was wondering if there is something in asp.net 2.0 C#, to create
    > anything like that.
    >
    > Vinnie

    <MARQUEE>
    <asp:Label id=....>
    </MARQUEE>

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Wrong answer. The marquee tag is proprietary to IE, and is not part of any
    standard. It will not work in many browsers. The alternatives are
    JavaScript, Flash, etc.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.miradyne.net

    Kevin Spencer, Oct 4, 2007
  4. On Oct 4, 1:56 pm, "Kevin Spencer" <> wrote:
    > Wrong answer.

    indeed?

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 4, 2007
  5. "Kevin Spencer" <> wrote in message

    > The marquee tag is proprietary to IE, and is not part of any standard.

    Correct.

    > It will not work in many browsers.

    Such as...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 4, 2007
  6. re:
    !>> It will not work in many browsers.
    !> Such as...?

    Netscape ( unless in IE mode... )
    In Opera the stop/start commands don't work.

    Also, search engine's robots will ignore your marqueed content.

    Bottom line : the effect won't be visible in all web browsers.

    There's Javascript solutions which, almost, work like the marquee tag:

    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/cmarquee2.htm
    ....but, again Netscape and Opera have problems with it.

    To me, using the marquee tag is no better than using the <blink> tag. ( Ugh! )

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 4, 2007
  7. "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message

    > !>> It will not work in many browsers.
    > !> Such as...?
    >
    > Netscape ( unless in IE mode... )
    > In Opera the stop/start commands don't work.

    Thanks for that.

    > To me, using the marquee tag is no better than using the <blink> tag. (
    > Ugh! )

    Oh indeed - I couldn't agree more...!

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 4, 2007
  8. On Oct 4, 4:19 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    > re:
    > !>> It will not work in many browsers.
    > !> Such as...?
    >
    > Netscape ( unless in IE mode... )
    > In Opera the stop/start commands don't work.

    Netscape 9 drops support for IE mode and is now Gecko only, which is
    working with the <marquee> tag.

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 5, 2007