    functions or objects will do this, or what flaws in my code will do
    this.
    thanks
    steve, Oct 20, 2006

  2. steve

    Phlip Guest

    steve wrote:

    > I am doing some development with the fltk libraries, and struggling to
    > track down segmentation faults. The program opens a text file,
    > representing a maze, and has an algorithm to solve the maze. Getting
    > faults randomly after opening files. Wondering what parts of code will
    > trigger segmentation faults. I am aware that this is attempting to
    > access memory not allocated the program, but not sure what fltk
    > functions or objects will do this, or what flaws in my code will do
    > this.

    Briefly, this newsgroup is only qualified to discuss raw C++ itself, not all
    its libraries.

    You have memory corruption (or FLTK does), and your code dies after the
    corruption occurs. Try whacking large segments out of your program until the
    corruption goes away.

    You should either post some here, or to a mailing list that covers FLTK, for
    better help.

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Oct 20, 2006

  3. steve

    Alvin Guest

    steve wrote:

    > I am doing some development with the fltk libraries, and struggling to
    > track down segmentation faults. The program opens a text file,
    > representing a maze, and has an algorithm to solve the maze. Getting
    > faults randomly after opening files. Wondering what parts of code will
    > trigger segmentation faults. I am aware that this is attempting to
    > access memory not allocated the program, but not sure what fltk
    > functions or objects will do this, or what flaws in my code will do
    > this.
    > thanks

    You're best to ask in the FLTK newsgroups. You can subscribe to the FLTK
    newsgroup by pointing your newsreader to: news.easysw.com. Ask your
    question in: fltk.general.

    Alvin
    Alvin, Oct 20, 2006