    Thanks

    Will
    , Feb 25, 2007

  2. mbstevens Guest

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:39:18 -0800, willwade.ggroups wrote:

    > Hi there
    > Im fairly new to css so hoping this is a quick & easy fix.
    > I have a design (see <http://sourceymonkey.com/projects/greenthing/
    > page.html> ) that has a central column and a right hand nav. The
    > thing is I want a small design element of shading to go down each
    > side. It works on the left hand side due to background gif but on the
    > right it just flounders - I have put the background gif in the
    > navigation div. If the navigation div isnt as long as the main body it
    > will stop halfway up the page.
    > I have tried height:100% but it doesnt work (even when parent elements
    > have height set)
    >
    > Any thoughts? Anyone seen this fluid stretchy background trick work
    > anywhere else perhaps?

    Any reason it *has* to be a background image?
    mbstevens, Feb 25, 2007

  3. willwade Guest

    On Feb 25, 2:32 pm, mbstevens <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:39:18 -0800, willwade.ggroups wrote:
    > > Hi there
    > > Im fairly new to css so hoping this is a quick & easy fix.

    <snip />
    > > I have tried height:100% but it doesnt work (even when parent elements
    > > have height set)

    > > Any thoughts? Anyone seen this fluid stretchy background trick work
    > > anywhere else perhaps?

    > Any reason it *has* to be a background image?

    Well no, not really - I just couldnt figure out how else to do it! Im
    coming from a background of html 3 where the only way of doing these
    sort of hacks was to use background images in table cells - whats your
    thinking?!

    Thanks

    Will
    willwade, Feb 25, 2007
  4. Neredbojias Guest

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:39:18 GMT scribed:

    > Hi there
    > Im fairly new to css so hoping this is a quick & easy fix.
    > I have a design (see <http://sourceymonkey.com/projects/greenthing/
    > page.html> ) that has a central column and a right hand nav. The
    > thing is I want a small design element of shading to go down each
    > side. It works on the left hand side due to background gif but on the
    > right it just flounders - I have put the background gif in the
    > navigation div. If the navigation div isnt as long as the main body it
    > will stop halfway up the page.
    > I have tried height:100% but it doesnt work (even when parent elements
    > have height set)
    >
    > Any thoughts? Anyone seen this fluid stretchy background trick work
    > anywhere else perhaps?

    I did that in the inner-page template at:

    http://www.neredbojias.com/alpha/jokes.html

    (Click on one of the jokes. The right side deco is the relevant item.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Feb 25, 2007