FMF library

ALuPin

Hi,

I want to simulate a FMF VHDL SRAM model.
In the model itself there is the following declarations:
LIBRARY IEEE; USE IEEE.std_logic_1164.ALL;
USE IEEE.VITAL_timing.ALL;
USE IEEE.VITAL_primitives.ALL;
LIBRARY FMF; USE FMF.gen_utils.ALL;
USE FMF.conversions.ALL;

When I try to compile the model with Modelsim I get the following error message:
# ** Error: (vcom-19) Failed to access library 'fmf' at "fmf".

What can I do about that? Where exactly can I get the library on the FMF site and
how do I have to include it in Modelsim?

Thanks

Duane Clark

ALuPin said:
Hi,

I want to simulate a FMF VHDL SRAM model.
In the model itself there is the following declarations:
LIBRARY IEEE; USE IEEE.std_logic_1164.ALL;
USE IEEE.VITAL_timing.ALL;
USE IEEE.VITAL_primitives.ALL;
LIBRARY FMF; USE FMF.gen_utils.ALL;
USE FMF.conversions.ALL;

When I try to compile the model with Modelsim I get the following error message:
# ** Error: (vcom-19) Failed to access library 'fmf' at "fmf".

What can I do about that? Where exactly can I get the library on the FMF site and
how do I have to include it in Modelsim?

Thanks

In your <project.mpf> or modelsim.ini file, in the [Library] section,
you need to have a line something like:
fmf = /path/to/fmf/work

That defines the location of the FMF library.

Then you need to make sure you have the files from fmf; gen_utils.vhd
and conversion_*.vhd, and compile them into the library first, then
compile the SRAM model.