    it's just the access time that seems to be wrong.

    Can anyone help please?

    Regards, Kev Parsons.

    Niv, Apr 18, 2007

  2. Niv

    Niv Guest

    Re: FMF Spansion model & timing

    On 18 Apr, 11:41, Niv <> wrote:
    > I've got my Spansion model (29jl032h3) sort of working, but I don't
    > think I've got the timing working correctly. The data o/p is becoming
    > valid ony 5 nd after setting address etc, whereas it should be around
    > 100 ns access time.
    >
    > I've set the generic TimingModel to be "S29JL032H55TFI323", but this
    > is obviously not working.
    >
    > The model is working wrt things like unlock/programme/lock etc and I
    > am getting the correct data out of my sim as set in the MIF files,,
    > it's just the access time that seems to be wrong.
    >
    > Can anyone help please?
    >
    > Regards, Kev Parsons.

    I've now edited the "gen_utils" package so that the CONSTANT
    UnitDelay01 : VitalDelayType01 is set to (100 ns, 100ns) and not (1
    ns, 1 ns).

    This seems to delay the data o/p to teh required 100ns after address
    setup, so we can simulate as required.

    However, I'm sure there's a better way, if only I knew how!

    TIA, Kev P.

    Niv, Apr 19, 2007

  3. Niv

    FMF Guest

    Re: FMF Spansion model & timing

    Kev,

    Try running with SDF backannotation. To do this, you need to create an SDF
    file. Either use the FMF mk_sdf utility or cut and paste the data from the
    ..ftm file. That will get you the correct timing for the speed grade you choose.

    Rick

    FMF, Apr 23, 2007
  4. Niv

    On 23 Apr, 16:01, FMF <> wrote:
    > Kev,
    >
    > Try running with SDF backannotation. To do this, you need to create an SDF
    > file. Either use the FMF mk_sdf utility or cut and paste the data from the
    > .ftm file. That will get you the correct timing for the speed grade you choose.
    >
    > Rick
    >

    > Niv wrote:
    > > On 18 Apr, 11:41, Niv <> wrote:
    > >> I've got my Spansion model (29jl032h3) sort of working, but I don't
    > >> think I've got the timing working correctly. The data o/p is becoming
    > >> valid ony 5 nd after setting address etc, whereas it should be around
    > >> 100 ns access time.

    > >> I've set the generic TimingModel to be "S29JL032H55TFI323", but this
    > >> is obviously not working.

    > >> The model is working wrt things like unlock/programme/lock etc and I
    > >> am getting the correct data out of my sim as set in the MIF files,,
    > >> it's just the access time that seems to be wrong.

    > >> Can anyone help please?

    > >> Regards, Kev Parsons.

    > > I've now edited the "gen_utils" package so that the CONSTANT
    > > UnitDelay01 : VitalDelayType01 is set to (100 ns, 100ns) and not (1
    > > ns, 1 ns).

    > > This seems to delay the data o/p to teh required 100ns after address
    > > setup, so we can simulate as required.

    > > However, I'm sure there's a better way, if only I knew how!

    > > TIA, Kev P.- Hide quoted text -

    Can you please supply more details on how to do this exactly please. I
    seem to have a batch file & perl script that don't
    generate anything. I'm sure it's dead simple, but I can't seem to see
    the wood for the trees.

    TIA, Niv.

    Niv, May 9, 2007