fnmatch.h help

kitty

Can anybody help me out with how to use fnmatch.h to help with regular
expression use in c++ ?
Also does fnmatch.h work only in linux ?

Thankyou for all your help

mlimber

kitty said:
Can anybody help me out with how to use fnmatch.h to help with regular
expression use in c++ ?
Also does fnmatch.h work only in linux ?

Thankyou for all your help

fnmatch is a non-standard function and is technically off-topic here
(see http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9).
It is part of the GNU C library
(http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Wildcard-Matching.html)
and will work on any platform where that library will work (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Porting.html). On its
proper use, I can't help you as I've never used it myself.

An on-topic question here would be about std::tr1::regex, which is the
same as boost::regex (http://boost.org/libs/regex/doc/index.html) and
which can likely do the same things as fnmatch.

Cheers! --M

kitty

Thankyou mlimber.. and Sorry for not following the group guidelines.
I will look up boost regex, but does it not also have the same problem
of installing the libraries onto the system prior to the usage of my
program ?
Thx again.