    is fo still viable?

    what are itext, and jasper reports in the sense ?

    i wouldn't want to start travesing dom to create pdf's
    Elhanan, May 7, 2006

  2. Elhanan

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Elhanan wrote:
    > hi..
    >

    > i'm looking into ways for generating pdf's from xml,
    >
    > at first i thought fo / fop looks nice enough i mean it's standard,
    > it's free and sperates concers, but i'm worried about fop from apache.
    >
    > is fo still viable?
    >
    > what are itext, and jasper reports in the sense ?

    See the stuff towards the bottom of the page in the FAQ about
    PDF at http://xml.silmaril.ie/authors/style/

    > i wouldn't want to start travesing dom to create pdf's

    What has that got to do with it?

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, May 7, 2006

  3. Elhanan

    Elhanan Guest

    becouse that's what you have to do with itext..

    are you referering to the tex? seems rather complext stuff a whole new
    range or languages to learn
    Elhanan, May 7, 2006
  4. Elhanan

    henke Guest

    You should look at Eclipse BIRT. I developed a report from my xml file
    last week in less than an hour.

    Regards

    Henrik
    henke, May 8, 2006
  5. Elhanan

    Elhanan Guest

    actually i did look at it, and i'm all for that, but 2 things bother
    about me about it,

    the first is that it's can export excel, but in hebrew in turns
    gibbrish.

    and in pdf format it turns hebrew reverse, they said they are gonna fix
    it in version 2.1.

    another thing, this is a more report orieneted stuf, i mean let's say i
    have a proposal, or a letter, how would i turn it in to a pdf in birt?
    Elhanan, May 9, 2006