    Is there a way to stop that from happening? That is postback will not
    refresh the datagrid or postback will focus on the selected line?

    Thanks

    Skeptical, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Skeptical

    Greg Burns Guest

    Check out SmartNavigation (note: it is IE specific)

    A 5000 row datagrid doesn't sound very user friendly to begin with... :^)

    HTH,
    Greg

    Greg Burns, Sep 21, 2004

  3. Skeptical

    Skeptical Guest

    Thanks a lot that is exactly what I have been looking for. It works in a
    standard row selecting case but somehow fails when I open
    another frame. It gives me an "Invalid Pointer" error. Not sure why but
    apparently it does not want to play along with a javascripted button in the
    datagrid.

    Thanks,

    PS: Actually there are only 1000 rows at the time...

    Skeptical, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Skeptical

    Skeptical Guest

    Well It looks like this is a known problem with SmartNavigation.

    http://weblogs.asp.net/ksamaschke/archive/2003/04/27/6085.aspx

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/micro...amework.aspnet.buildingcontrols/post92530.asp

    Skeptical, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Skeptical

    Jim Fisher Guest

    Bug Fix for SmartNavigation (WAS: Focus on a datagrid line)

    "Skeptical" wrote concerning SmartNavigation:

    > > Thanks a lot that is exactly what I have been looking for. It works in a
    > > standard row selecting case but somehow fails when I open
    > > another frame. It gives me an "Invalid Pointer" error. Not sure why but
    > > apparently it does not want to play along with a javascripted button in
    > > the datagrid.

    And again in:

    > Well It looks like this is a known problem with SmartNavigation.
    >
    > http://weblogs.asp.net/ksamaschke/archive/2003/04/27/6085.aspx

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/micro...amework.aspnet.buildingcontrols/post92530.asp

    It *is* a problem with SmartNavigation, but not too big of a problem to get
    around:

    http://www.CodingMonk.com/?_msg=177

    -Jim

    Jim Fisher, Oct 22, 2004