Focus Problems with MDI child forms

Trev Hunter

Hi Folks,

Sorry if you have seen this post before - I've posted it before, but it
seems to have gotten lost in Outlook limbo - it's visible on the web
interface, but not in any news reader I've tried :S

A while ago, I came accross this post by Armin describing how to reporduce a
focus bug with MDI children. I am currently experiencing the same problem in
my application although I'm not using an ActiveX control directly on the
form as in Armin's example (my 3rd party toolbars and menus could be the
culprits though).

I'm using Visual Studio 2003 with .net 1.1 on Windows XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trev.

Origional Post by Armin (edited) - see http://tinyurl.com/2ezw2 for
origional:

Cor

Hi Trev,

Is there a reason you did not include the newsgroup

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb in it,

that is the group where Armin is the most active from the international
groups, but not in the ones you have included I thought.

And as far as I have seen in the newsgroup is Armin in the newsgroups one of
the real MDI experts.

If you even want to have more success you can ask it also in the German
language in the newsgroup

microsoft.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.vb

Cor

Trev Hunter

Cor,

I didn't post it to the VB group because I thought it was a more generic
problem (hence the .windowsforms group). I added the .faq and .general
groups because I was having problems with the .windowsforms group and was
hoping for a better response. Surely someone else out there has come accross
this problem before? I'll do up a sample project and see if it is limited to
VB.
that is the group where Armin is the most active

Thanks for the tip about Armin's whereabouts ;) He's the one who posted the
original article a while back, but there was no responses to that. Next time
I see him in a group, I'll discretely OT the thread and ask him.
If you even want to have more success you
can ask it also in the German
language in the newsgroup

Unfortunately I can't speak German - only English, VB and passable C# ;)

Thanks again for the tip,

Trev.

CasimiraVa