Focus without Scrolling

bernieful

Hello. You can move the caret to an element with element.setfocus() but
this scrolls the page such that the element is visible. I don't want it
to scroll, just set the caret.

If this is impossible, an acceptable solution would be to force the
element in question never to yield the caret (but without blocking
another action which might be associated with the loss of focus, such
as clicking a button).

Thanks for looking.