Folder and File Permissions

Kapil via DotNetMonster.com

Hello everybody,
I am using System.IO GetDirectories() method and GetFiles method to display
all the files and directory on a DataGrid. Now I want to restrict accesss to
Users to this directory and files. They should not be able to view this
directory and files. How do I set the permissions from ASpX page .I am using
forms authentication.

Pls guide..

Kapil

Winista

If you want to control the access on files and directories using windows
accounts then easiest would be to use windows auth and impersonation.
Otherwise
You need a mapping between your user account (one that was used to login
with forms auth) and actual windows account. Or some kind of table that
defines what files or folders the user can access.