    Is there any way to return only folder / files which the user has
    permission?

    thanks.

    cct, Jul 8, 2003

  2. cct

    Alek Davis Guest

    I do not think that it is possible to do in .NET. By the way, which
    permission are you talking about: read, write, execute, list folder
    contents, delete, etc? If you really need this functionality and have time
    to invest, you can write a DLL or COM object which uses native Win32 API to
    check if current user has a desired access permission to a specific file
    folder. The following samples can help you get started:
    http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=4318
    (http://www.vbcity.com/forums/faq.asp?fid=9&cat=System&#TID16545) and
    http://www.pardesiservices.com/softomatix/aspuseraccesscheck.asp.

    Alek

    "cct" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am having difficulty in retrieving the file / folder permission in

    current

    Alek Davis, Jul 8, 2003