Follow-up:go to a link, save the page and email it out?

dale

Based on some suggestions, I tried the simple one - HTML::Mail.

HTML::Mail works for some web sites. THe results are:

C:\Perl\scripts>mailp.pl
Error while making request [ GET
http://www.macom.com/Images/darkblue_bgcolor.gi
f]
404 Object Not Found at C:/Perl/lib/HTML/Mail.pm line 167.

C:\Perl\scripts>

However, if I use IE to open www.macom.com, I can save the page with
all images. Any suggestions?

my scripts are :
use HTML::Mail;

### initialisation
my $html_mail = HTML::Mail->new(
HTML => 'http://www.macom.com',
From => '(e-mail address removed)',
To => '(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed)',
Subject => 'Alert page');

### Send the email ("inherited" from MIME::Lite)
# $html_mail->send();
$html_mail->send('smtp','outgoing.verizon.net');

#### Remove text representation
$html_mail->set_Text();

### Rebuild the message and send
$html_mail->build->send;

### Serialise to file for later reuse
$html_mail->dump_file('c:/html_mail.data');

### Restore from file
my $restored = HTML::Mail->restore_file('c:/html_mail.data');
Thanks a lot. -Dale

Anno Siegel

I'm not following the thread, but if you want to post a followup,
don't declare it in the subject but post a real followup. (See
the documentation of you news reader for how to do that.)

Anno

[snipped]