Follow-up:go to a link, save the page and email it out?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by dale, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. dale

    dale Guest

    Based on some suggestions, I tried the simple one - HTML::Mail.

    HTML::Mail works for some web sites. THe results are:

    C:\Perl\scripts>mailp.pl
    Error while making request [ GET
    http://www.macom.com/Images/darkblue_bgcolor.gi
    f]
    404 Object Not Found at C:/Perl/lib/HTML/Mail.pm line 167.

    C:\Perl\scripts>

    However, if I use IE to open www.macom.com, I can save the page with
    all images. Any suggestions?

    my scripts are :
    use HTML::Mail;

    ### initialisation
    my $html_mail = HTML::Mail->new(
    HTML => 'http://www.macom.com',
    >From => '',

    To => ', ',
    Subject => 'Alert page');

    ### Send the email ("inherited" from MIME::Lite)
    # $html_mail->send();
    $html_mail->send('smtp','outgoing.verizon.net');

    #### Remove text representation
    $html_mail->set_Text();

    ### Rebuild the message and send
    $html_mail->build->send;

    ### Serialise to file for later reuse
    $html_mail->dump_file('c:/html_mail.data');

    ### Restore from file
    my $restored = HTML::Mail->restore_file('c:/html_mail.data');
    Thanks a lot. -Dale
    dale, Dec 15, 2004

  2. dale

    Anno Siegel Guest

    dale <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    I'm not following the thread, but if you want to post a followup,
    don't declare it in the subject but post a real followup. (See
    the documentation of you news reader for how to do that.)

    Anno

    [snipped]
    Anno Siegel, Dec 16, 2004