Follow up on Producing Windows API program at Command Line

Dr. Laurence Leff

Thank you to the very kind person, Mr. Jacob Navia,
who suggested that I use F1 in the
Visual C++ IDEA to identify the libraries needed for a function so
one could compile the program. I did this.

I also discovered that one needs to simply include the names and
locations of the library files on the CL command:

Here is what I ended up using:
cl hellowin.c c:\progra~1\micros~1.net\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\user32.lib

It produced a working API program!

(I originally thought one needed a "/library" option. This is NOT
CORRECT.)

Dr. Laurence Leff Western Illinois University, Macomb IL 61455 ||(309) 298-1315
Stipes 447 Assoc. Prof. of Computer Sci. Pager: 309-367-0787 FAX: 309-298-2302
Secretary: eContracts Technical Committee OASIS Legal XML Member Section