    Thanks,
    Seamus Conlon
    <>

    Seamus Conlon, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Seamus Conlon

    Kris Guest

    In article <bj2it0$jhf$>,
    "Seamus Conlon" <> wrote:

    > Is there any way of controlling the font size within a TEXTAREA? I have
    > tried a
    > <FONT size= "1"> statement immediately before the <TEXTAREA> but it does
    > not seem to have any effect. My page also uses CSS to define a style for
    > the BODY
    > element but I presume that would not affect the TEXTAREA! I have also tried
    > add a style for the TEXTAREA element but again to no avail.

    CSS is the answer. Define a style for the TEXTAREA element. If you
    already did so and it appeared not working, then you probably did
    something wrong. In that case, here is an example:

    textarea { font-size: 120%; }

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)

    Kris, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Seamus Conlon schrieb:

    > Is there any way of controlling the font size within a TEXTAREA?

    Controlling? Nope. But you can make style suggestions with CSS. See e.g.
    <http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/styleforms/styletemplate.php?incl=6>

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Sep 2, 2003

  4. > CSS is the answer. Define a style for the TEXTAREA element. If you
    > already did so and it appeared not working, then you probably did
    > something wrong. In that case, here is an example:

    > textarea { font-size: 120%; }

    You can also change the font:

    textarea { font-family: Verdana }

    --
    Janne

    Janne Raiskila, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Seamus Conlon

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    Chris Morris <> wrote:

    > > CSS is the answer. Define a style for the TEXTAREA element. If you
    > > already did so and it appeared not working, then you probably did
    > > something wrong.

    > Or happened to be using a browser that doesn't support (all) styling
    > on form controls.

    That is very, very rare for the font-size property.

    Kris, Sep 3, 2003
  6. Thanks Kris. When I inserted the correct CSS incantations it worked a
    treat.

    Seamus

    Seamus Conlon, Sep 3, 2003