    page with text that is one size too big -- it's +1 now. If I change it
    to +0, it's the right size. However, I initially changed it to 0, but
    that was WAY too small. Obviously I'm not an HTML coder.
    mcp6453, Aug 10, 2003

  2. mcp6453

    Mark Jones Guest

    "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is the difference in HTML between a font size of 0 and +0? I have a
    > page with text that is one size too big -- it's +1 now. If I change it
    > to +0, it's the right size. However, I initially changed it to 0, but
    > that was WAY too small. Obviously I'm not an HTML coder.

    I have never used 0, but what it is doing is displaying the
    smallest font based on your default font size. Using the
    +/- font sizes is an adjustment from your baseline font
    size. An absolute number such as 0 is the same as using
    -3, since the baseline size is 3.
    Mark Jones, Aug 10, 2003

  3. David Dorward, Aug 11, 2003
  4. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    mcp6453, Aug 11, 2003
  5. mcp6453

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    mcp6453 wrote:
    > What is the difference in HTML between a font size of 0 and +0? I
    > have a page with text that is one size too big -- it's +1 now. If I
    > change it to +0, it's the right size. However, I initially changed it
    > to 0, but that was WAY too small.

    > Obviously I'm not an HTML coder.

    So don't use HTML but try CSS instead :)
    Between <head></head):
    body {font-size: 95%}
    Better: don't specify a font size at all. Let the visitor decide.
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Aug 11, 2003