font sizes

Al Mathews

What is the best way to control the page format and font size when the user
logs on with Windows Display font set to Large (120 DPI) . My web page
looses formatting and lines overlap each other when the Diaplay is set to
120. I don't see this with other web pages. Thanks for your help.

Al
Learning HTML

Mark Parnell

What is the best way to control the page format and font size

You can't. You can only make suggestions.
when the user
logs on with Windows Display font set to Large (120 DPI) . My web page
looses formatting and lines overlap each other

Then your design is broken.

Toby A Inkster

Al said:
My web page looses formatting and lines overlap each other when
the Diaplay is set to 120.

Have you set a CSS line-height in pixels? Change it to ems.

Al Mathews

Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion (replace points with ems)
but it makes no difference. I do not have any tables in the layout. Would
that help. I used absolute positioning of all the entities. What are your
thoughts in that regard? Thanks again.

Al

Mark Parnell

Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion (replace points with ems)
but it makes no difference. I do not have any tables in the layout. Would
that help. I used absolute positioning of all the entities. What are your
thoughts in that regard? Thanks again.

It is quite possibly the absolute positioning that is causing the
problem, but it is impossible to say without a URL. Have you validated
your code (HTML and CSS)?

BTW: Please don't post upside-down