    120. I don't see this with other web pages. Thanks for your help.

    Al
    Learning HTML

    Al Mathews, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Al Mathews

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 03:02:16 GMT, Al Mathews declared in alt.html:

    > What is the best way to control the page format and font size

    You can't. You can only make suggestions.

    > when the user
    > logs on with Windows Display font set to Large (120 DPI) . My web page
    > looses formatting and lines overlap each other

    Then your design is broken.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Al Mathews wrote:

    > My web page looses formatting and lines overlap each other when
    > the Diaplay is set to 120.

    Have you set a CSS line-height in pixels? Change it to ems.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Al Mathews

    Al Mathews Guest

    Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion (replace points with ems)
    but it makes no difference. I do not have any tables in the layout. Would
    that help. I used absolute positioning of all the entities. What are your
    thoughts in that regard? Thanks again.

    Al

    Al Mathews, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Al Mathews

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 01:01:33 GMT, Al Mathews declared in alt.html:
    >> Al Mathews wrote:
    >>
    >>> My web page looses formatting and lines overlap each other when
    >>> the Diaplay is set to 120.

    >> Have you set a CSS line-height in pixels? Change it to ems.
    >>

    > Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion (replace points with ems)
    > but it makes no difference. I do not have any tables in the layout. Would
    > that help. I used absolute positioning of all the entities. What are your
    > thoughts in that regard? Thanks again.

    It is quite possibly the absolute positioning that is causing the
    problem, but it is impossible to say without a URL. Have you validated
    your code (HTML and CSS)?

    BTW: Please don't post upside-down

    Mark Parnell, Jan 8, 2004