'font-weight' problem

Madame Blablavatsky

hello,

i have a stylesheer with a 'font-weight' for a link:
--------------------------------
a:link {
font-family: Verdana,
Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: xx-small;
font-style: normal;
color: #FFFFFF;
text-decoration: none;
font-weight: 700;

}
------------------------------------
this works fine, so no problem there.
but, i have another link that should not be bold.
for this i use the code:

------------------------------------
a.limburg:link {
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 12px;
font-style: normal;
color: #000000;
text-decoration: underline;
font_weight: 100;
}
-----------------------------------

the problem is: the link with 'a.limburg:link' have also a 'font-weight' of
700.
how do i solve this problem?

thanks

xeno

[...]

Because you used a underscore instead of a - ? :)

Madame Blablavatsky

Because you used a underscore instead of a - ? :)

yes, you are right it is a very stupid mistake. I have changed it and it
workst fine.

i just can't believe it....................maybe it is time i get some fresh
air.

thanks

Jukka K. Korpela

Madame Blablavatsky said:
yes, you are right it is a very stupid mistake. I have changed it and it
workst fine.

Does it really? On which browser? The declaration
font-weight: 100
should make the font weight considerably smaller than normal, i.e. make the
lines of characters very thin. All browsers I've seen fail to do so for any
font I've tried, effectively treating 100 through 300 as equivalent to 400
(= normal). Admittedly they _may_ do so; this is a matter of quality of
implementation rather than conformance.

But I would change it to
font-weight: normal
unless you really want to take the risk, or chances, that some future
browsers, with better-quality CSS support, will treat font-weight: 100
according to its definition.