Font-weights in IE vs other browsers

trvst2

I am using standard fonts on my site (Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica).
If I do not designate any font-weight, or if I set it at 400 (normal?)
, the type appears to be heavy in IE but light in Mozilla, Opera and
Netscape. Does IE automatically give a heavier weight to the font? Is
there any way to make sure the font appears the same in all of these
browsers?

Trvst2

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

I am using standard fonts on my site (Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica).
If I do not designate any font-weight, or if I set it at 400
(normal?) , the type appears to be heavy in IE but light in Mozilla,
Opera and Netscape. Does IE automatically give a heavier weight to
the font?

URL?

You didn't say what/if you assigned any font-*size*. Could make a
difference.

http://k75s.home.att.net/fontsize.html
Is there any way to make sure the font appears the same in all of
these browsers?

Forget planning to get exact display across many browsers. Dang near
impossible, as you have no idea of the configurations of all of your
visitors' browsers.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, (e-mail address removed) vouchsafed:
I am using standard fonts on my site (Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica).
If I do not designate any font-weight, or if I set it at 400 (normal?)
, the type appears to be heavy in IE but light in Mozilla, Opera and
Netscape. Does IE automatically give a heavier weight to the font? Is
there any way to make sure the font appears the same in all of these
browsers?

The defaults between _your_ browsers are different. Perhaps also you are
using accessibility options somewhere.