Fonts installed on the web client?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Yuri Vanzine, Dec 30, 2003.

  1. Yuri Vanzine

    Yuri Vanzine Guest

    Don't really want to embed fonts, it adds to the download
    time, although this may be my only choice.

    I am also not sure how the browsers handle families of
    fonts. I am using Arial and Sans-Serif for ALL the
    languages and the client sees empty squares instead of a
    language font until they install a particular culture.
    Embedding a whole family of fonts does not sound like a
    fast download.

    Detecting whether the font is available on the client
    still remains an issue.

    Again, thanks for your help, Chris!

    then go here:

    >http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/default.

    htm?fname=%20&fsize=

    >I don't know about support for other browsers.
    >
    >--
    >Chris Jackson
    >Software Engineer
    >Microsoft MVP - Windows Client
    >Windows XP Associate Expert
    >--
    >More people read the newsgroups than read my email.
    >Reply to the newsgroup for a faster response.
    >(Control-G using Outlook Express)
    >--
    >
    >"yuri vanzine" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> developing a multilingual app in .net and relying on
    >> the .NET cultures. There is a need to determine
    >> programmatically whether or not the browser client-side
    >> supports a particular font, for example "Are asian fonts
    >> installed? If yes, display simplified chinese as a

    viable

    Yuri Vanzine, Dec 30, 2003