    viewers computer, which font will he see?

    and is there a way i can get my font onto there computer?

    Thanks

    diablo, Jun 7, 2005

  2. diablo

    diablo Guest

    sorry just found the answer -

    diablo, Jun 7, 2005

  3. "diablo" <> put to writing:

    > hi
    >
    > i was wondering - if i choose a font on my website that is not on the
    > viewers computer, which font will he see?
    >
    > and is there a way i can get my font onto there computer?
    >
    > Thanks

    Offer alternative fonts

    font-family: 'Trebuchet ms', Arial, Sans-Serif;

    A CSS attribute I use myself.

    --
    Stuart J. Shillinglaw
    http://shillinglaw.atspace.com/
    Stuart J. Shillinglaw, Jun 7, 2005
  4. diablo

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:49:31 GMT, "diablo" <> wrote:

    >i was wondering - if i choose a font on my website that is not on the
    >viewers computer, which font will he see?

    Depends on what you mean by "choose". They'll probably get some local
    default, according to their own computer's settings.

    You could also try reading the thread "Typeface selection in CSS" from a
    couple of days ago. In practical terms, you can reliably choose between
    serif, sans-serif and monospace fonts, but not much more detail than
    that.

    >and is there a way i can get my font onto there computer?

    Yes, but it's lumpy and barely usable. It's very M$oft-specific, IE only
    (AFAIK), is fussy about which fonts it works with and is generally a
    pain to use. Try searching for "WEFT" (on the M$oft site). It's rare
    that you can find a freeware font that it's technically capable of
    working with, let alone licensable for. Proper commercial fonts are
    often more reliable, but are less likely to permit this sort of use by
    their licenses.

    Andy Dingley, Jun 7, 2005