    --
    Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
    painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman

    Martin Edwards, May 11, 2011

  2. Martin Edwards

    Paolo E. Guest

    Paolo E., May 11, 2011

  3. Martin Edwards

    MG Guest

    MG, May 11, 2011
  4. Martin Edwards

    MG Guest

    >I am a near beginner making a template with a separate stylesheet. Is
    >there a site where I can look up permitted fonts?

    The permitted fonts for me are the fonts that I have on my computer.

    The next person's permitted fonts are the fonts that he has on his computer.

    If you specify a font that I don't have on my computer, Windows will replace
    it with another font. Who knows what that will be?

    Use something like:
    font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    keep it simple!

    MG

    MG, May 11, 2011
  5. Martin Edwards

    Brian Cryer Guest

    Brian Cryer, May 11, 2011
  6. Martin Edwards

    MG Guest

    "Brian Cryer" <> wrote in message
    > "MG" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Paolo E." <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

    >> Server not found: www.ampsoft.net

    > The link works fine from here.

    Still not working from here (everything else is working just fine)

    MG

    MG, May 11, 2011
  7. 11.5.2011 10:19, Martin Edwards kirjoitti:

    > I am a near beginner making a template with a separate stylesheet. Is
    > there a site where I can look up permitted fonts?

    Any font is permitted. Not all fonts are supported. Actually, there is
    no single font that is available in all browsing environments.

    If you don't know how to play with fonts, just don't set them at all.

    If you know a little bit, set
    * { font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; }

    The logic behind this is that sans-serif fonts are generally preferable
    on screen, and common browser default is Times New Roman, a serif font
    that works well on paper but not that well on screen. (You can use serif
    fonts too, but then you need to know quite a lot more.)

    And normally the browser's default sans-serif font is reasonable, but on
    modern Windows systems, Calibri is probably better when available.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 11, 2011
  8. On 11/05/2011 12:11, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > If you know a little bit, set

    Thanks to all who replied.

    Martin Edwards, May 12, 2011