FOP - API font embedding

Discussion in 'XML' started by casual.account@gmail.com, May 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello everyone.

    You might wonder what the subject suggests ;) - I would like to write a
    fully local (Polish), platform independent and internet accessible
    application using 0.20.5 FOP release. There are no Polish fonts in it,
    so I need to add them on my own. The FOP homepage gives a clear
    explanation on how to do this. So: I need to create font metrics file
    (say arial_pl.xml) using arial_pl.ttf file. Next I need to update the
    config file userconfig.xml.
    Next - in the Java code I just write:

    userConfigFile = new File(userConfig);
    options = new Options(userConfigFile);

    giving relevant values to the userConfig variable and everything's
    brilliant. BUT - what if I don't have access to files included in the
    userConfig (userconfig.xml) file (e.g. the metrics-files)? If I want to
    embed everything in a jar archive I can't access them just-like-that -
    I need to get them via getResource() mechanism. There must be several
    steps to undertake, which are described in the userConfig file, which
    can be done without the configuration files at all, only having the
    arial_pl.ttf file, and processing it with FOP API classes.
    These would include setting the things described in font-metrics file
    and loading the arial_pl.ttf file (I have it accesible as
    OutputStream/InputStream/InputSource/whatever).

    Can anyone tell me what these steps are?
    Thanks,

    , May 28, 2006