for and arrays

Richard

Bill Cunningham said:
kernighan and ritchie style. The best there is.

Bill

Who told you that? Since you use "indent" for 5 line programs I really
think your comments on any form of indenting are not of much value.

Incidentally, your indent settings do not use K&R style either.

David Thompson

It's my personal opinion that Bill C has become a sort of collective
obsession of CLC. I'm pretty sure he is a troll. Anyone who genuinely
has the sort of problems that he seems to display would have given up
on programming long back, or would be well advised to do so. <snip>

I agree the person he seems to be would be well advised not to pursue
this, but that doesn't mean he will. Sadly, our world contains quite a
lot of people who demonstrably, documentedly, do silly things.

The classic definition of trolling is to deliberately provoke _others_
to fight, and I've never seen BC do that. The classic definition of
crankery is to persistently repeat and defend false usually absurd
positions, especially after a delay, and I've not seen that either.

Even under a weakened 'New Age' definition of trolling of merely
inviting (and presumably seeking) attention to oneself, I wouldn't say
he has sought _significantly_ more (say +2 sigma) than many newbies.
I personally still think him honest but hopeless.
Of course having said all this I have simply concluded that he is a
troll. The presence of the string

in his headers leads me believe he is having a good laugh at the
spectacle of a whole group running around him.

That has nothing to do with 'trn' as you speculate downthread.
trnddc## have been the (pseudo?)domains for msgids assigned
(defaulted) by Verizon servers for at least 5 years; and all his other
headers are consistent with that on the sample of messages I still
have in store. I'm pretty sure I would have those domains on my
postings if Forte Agent didn't by default generate (e-mail address removed) .
As a test I will try to set Agent to not generate a msgid for this
posting, although I've never done it before and may fail.