for...generate question

Xin Xiao

I have to generate a two-dimension array of semiadders using the for...
generate sentence (to model a multiplier). But I'm stuck because I've always
used for...generate to model a simple array of components, not a matrix

This is the image of my matrix of semiadders:

S02 S01 S00

S12 S11 S10

S00 is connected to the output and S10
S01 is connected to S10 and S11
S02 is connected to S11 and S12

My question is, should I generate each row with "for...generate" sentences?
Could you post a simple 2x2 matrix example so that I clear my mind?

Thanks

Ralf Hildebrandt

Xin said:
I have to generate a two-dimension array of semiadders using the for...
generate sentence (to model a multiplier). But I'm stuck because I've
always used for...generate to model a simple array of components, not a
matrix

Maybe this helps: Every n*m matrix can be written as an array with n*m
elements (concatenation of every matrix row / column).

Ralf

Xin Xiao

Thanks Ralf, yes, i solved my problem with two anidated --for generate-- and
some --if generate-- it was simple!

tnks,

Xiao