for( int i1=0,i2=0 ; i1<n1 && i2<n2; i1+=2, i2+=4)

hokus

Jak zapisaæ pêtlê for, aby po ka¿dej iteracji zmienna i1 zwiêksza³a siê o 2,
a i2 o 4.

Dziêki

Emmanuel Delahaye

Kenneth Brody

hokus said:
In english, how to write for loop to change i1 and i2 after each iterations?

Thanks

(Sorry, I don't speak Polish, and Babelfish doesn't have Polish, either.)

Exactly as you have in your subject line. Place multiple comma-separated
items as the third part of the "for" statement.

However, you can't put "int i1=0,i2=0" within the for statement (though
this may be allowed in C99):

int i1, i2;
for ( i1=0, i2=0 ; i1<n1 && i2<n2 ; i1 += 2, i2 += 4 )

Bruintje Beer

hokus said:
Jak zapisaæ pêtlê for, aby po ka¿dej iteracji zmienna i1 zwiêksza³a siê o
2, a i2 o 4.

Dziêki

sounds like you have drunk too much vodka

John

Mark McIntyre

Bruintje Beer wrote on 01/10/05 :

There is a name for that: 'préjugé' or worst, 'racism'. In my country,
it's a crime.

I imagine it was meant to be a joke.

Certainly I don't regard it as racism - unless of course one is not
allowed to make /any/ joke which disparages someone, since no matter
what you say, it could be regarded as an -ism of some sort (racism,
sexism, blondism, whatever).

Emmanuel Delahaye

Mark McIntyre wrote on 02/10/05 :
I imagine it was meant to be a joke.

It was not.
Certainly I don't regard it as racism -

To emit a global judgement based on the origin of a person ? It is
racism.

Ok, we are off-topic...

--
Emmanuel

"It's specified. But anyone who writes code like that should be
transmogrified into earthworms and fed to ducks." -- Chris Dollin CLC

Mark McIntyre

Mark McIntyre wrote on 02/10/05 :

It was not.

How can you possibly know that it wasn't meant to be a joke? As it
happens I didn't think it was a particularly good joke, but it was
clearly meant to be humourous.
To emit a global judgement based on the origin of a person ? It is
racism.

I don't see any *judgement* in the original post - the judgement was
made entirely by you.

If I had ten pee for every time someone's characterised scotsmen as
tight or unintelligible in a humorous moment, I'd be moderately
wealthy, as Scotsmen go. Does it bother me? No. Do I regard it as
racism? No.

Racism is when you get beaten up for being the in the wrong pub, or
for talking to a girl the wrong colour, or your house gets firebombed
for living in the wrong area, or you get spat on in the bus for having
a funny accent, or ...

Get a sense of proportion.

Mark B

Mark McIntyre said:
How can you possibly know that it wasn't meant to be a joke? As it
happens I didn't think it was a particularly good joke, but it was
clearly meant to be humourous.
No, it's not.
I don't see any *judgement* in the original post - the judgement was
made entirely by you.

If I had ten pee for every time someone's characterised scotsmen as
tight or unintelligible in a humorous moment, I'd be moderately
wealthy, as Scotsmen go. Does it bother me? No. Do I regard it as
racism? No.

Racism is when you get beaten up for being the in the wrong pub,
No, it's not.
for talking to a girl the wrong colour,
No, it's not. Although calling someone 'the wrong color' may be ;)
or your house gets firebombed Nope.

for living in the wrong area,
Nope.

or you get spat on in the bus for having
a funny accent, or ... Nope.

Get a sense of proportion.
Correct yours!

Racism is discrimination based on 'race', hence the term 'racism'.
Please note the difference between 'nationality' and 'race'.

Joe Wright

Emmanuel said:
Mark McIntyre wrote on 02/10/05 :

It was not.

To emit a global judgement based on the origin of a person ? It is racism.

Ok, we are off-topic...

Emmanuel, you have it wrong. It is not racist for the English to allude
to the French as (insert insult here). It could be prejudice, a bad
thing or it might be discrimination (an arguably good thing) but most of
France and England share the same race.

Racism, where it exists, is a very different and more dangerous
situation. It is where the immigrant Mullah in Paris considers himself
superior to his French hosts, the old British colonialist discoursing on
the inferiority of the Indian "wogs". That's racism. And Wrong and Ugly.

Commenting lightly on the Irish or Russian proclivity to drink does not
rise to the level of exhibiting racism. Really.

I've heard that the French actually cultivate garden snails as food!
Disgusting! But not racist.

You've said that prejudice and racism are somehow crimes in France. Can
you elaborate? What would a racist have to do to excite the Gendarmerie?
How would anybody (officially) know whether you prejudged something?

My last racist ideas left me in the late 1960's when I discovered that
all people are more alike than they are different, and that all blood is
red and all mother's tears are salt. Racist == Stupid.

Keith Thompson

Joe Wright said:
You've said that prejudice and racism are somehow crimes in
France. Can you elaborate? What would a racist have to do to excite
the Gendarmerie? How would anybody (officially) know whether you
prejudged something?

Can you elaborate *somewhere else*, please?

Alan Balmer

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:57:19 GMT, in comp.lang.c , "Mark B"

(I said)

Grin.

And all the things I listed were examples of that.

Not to be discriminatory or anything, but in spite of the subject
heading, I think you guys are in the wrong newsgroup.