For standalone ruby application which library is best ?

Fahim Patel

Hello folks,

Please let me know which library is best for standalone ruby application. Which one is best between "wxRuby2" and "tk"?

Thanks! in Advance.

Best Regards
Fahim Babar Patel

Quintus

Fahim Patel said:
Hello folks,

Hi Fahim,
Please let me know which library is best for standalone ruby
application. Which one is best between "wxRuby2" and "tk"?

Neither. wxRuby2 is not under active development anymore, and Tk tends
to look 90ies-style. I recommend you to either use the gtk2 or gtk3
gems, or go with Qt (not sure how the gems are named here). A college
of mine works on new bindings of wxWidgets 3 to Ruby:

https://github.com/Hanmac/rwx/

However, it is not ready yet.
Thanks! in Advance.

Vale,