For those Mathematically inclined

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by George Hester, Oct 3, 2004.

  1. George Hester, Oct 3, 2004

  2. George Hester

    Randy Webb Guest

    George Hester wrote:

    > The idea here is to rotate the eyeball around the border of the circle
    > with the mouse. I have it close but it's not right. Any suggestions?
    > Oh your browser must be able to work with htc. Thanks for any ideas.
    > The script is in the htc.

    Why not make it an html file, make it work, and then convert it to an htc?

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Oct 3, 2004

  3. "Randy Webb" <> wrote in message news:...
    > George Hester wrote:
    >
    > > The idea here is to rotate the eyeball around the border of the circle
    > > with the mouse. I have it close but it's not right. Any suggestions?
    > > Oh your browser must be able to work with htc. Thanks for any ideas.
    > > The script is in the htc.

    > Why not make it an html file, make it work, and then convert it to an htc?
    >
    > > http://hesterloli.dnsalias.com/more5/dial.asp
    > >
    > > http://hesterloli.dnsalias.com/includes/dial.htc
    > >

    > --
    > Randy
    > comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq

    Changing it to a html would not change the mechanics that's involved. I am not having
    trouuble with the htc. Thanks though.

    George Hester
    __________________________________
    George Hester, Oct 3, 2004
  4. George Hester

    Randy Webb Guest

    George Hester wrote:

    <--snip-->

    > Changing it to a html would not change the mechanics that's involved. I am not having
    > trouuble with the htc. Thanks though.

    While you are not having trouble with the .htc file, you are limiting
    your possible audience of people who may potentially help you. When
    having a problem, you want as many people as possible willing to help
    you, no?

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Oct 3, 2004
  5. "Randy Webb" <> wrote in message news:...
    > George Hester wrote:
    >
    > <--snip-->
    >
    > > Changing it to a html would not change the mechanics that's involved. I am not having
    > > trouuble with the htc. Thanks though.

    > While you are not having trouble with the .htc file, you are limiting
    > your possible audience of people who may potentially help you. When
    > having a problem, you want as many people as possible willing to help
    > you, no?
    >
    > --
    > Randy
    > comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq

    Yes I suppose so Randy. Putting this into a html is not as easy as you may think. The image is a VML
    and if I put the code for that into a html then I get a lot of crap in the folder where the html
    will reside. It's not pretty. Oh for <circle></circle>.

    If someone said to you I have a circle on a web page that I would like to have an image
    follow the border, would the fact that the questioner implements this in a htc matter?

    This htc uses JavaScript. And I know I am letting the y component jump to 0. I am also not able
    to keep the y component in a steady state. When dx is negative (mouse left to right) the eyeball does the upper
    circumference of the circle. mouse(right to left) the lower half of the circumference.

    I believe someone who is well versed in JavaScript can "see" this happening just by looking at code. Which I
    provided it is in the htc. Maybe I am wrong about that.

    I have an example of using setTimeout to do this. It does it without user intervention. Maybe I can
    finagle what they have into what I have. It turns out that what I did is pretty close to
    what they have. He uses 2-space to do it f(x,y) whereas I use y=f(x) = sqrt(r^2 + x^2).

    --
    George Hester
    George Hester, Oct 3, 2004