Forbidden Message, when accessing .pl files from Java Webserver

Murari

Hi Experts,

This is the form I am using:

<form name="getsomething" method="GET"
action="http://myip:8080/cgi-bin/do.pl" TARGET="">

<INPUT type="button" name="SUBMIT" value="CLICK ME"
onClick="doStuff();"
<INPUT type="hidden" name="someinfo" value="test">

</form>

When I run it I get : 403 Forbidden

When I change action="http://myip/somedir/cgi-bin/do.pl" then page
cannot be dispalyed.

I am really tired of this. Please help me to resolve the issue.
mailme your suggestions at : (e-mail address removed)

Jürgen Exner

Murari said:
This is the form I am using:

<form name="getsomething" method="GET"
action="http://myip:8080/cgi-bin/do.pl" TARGET="">
<INPUT type="button" name="SUBMIT" value="CLICK ME"
onClick="doStuff();"
<INPUT type="hidden" name="someinfo" value="test">
</form>

I can't help it but hat doesn't look like Perl code to me....
When I run it I get : 403 Forbidden
When I change action="http://myip/somedir/cgi-bin/do.pl" then page
cannot be dispalyed.

You may want to ask in NG that actually deals with CGI or JavaScript or
DHTML or whatever the code above is.

jue

Kodeguru

Murari said:
Hi Experts,

This is the form I am using:

<form name="getsomething" method="GET"
action="http://myip:8080/cgi-bin/do.pl" TARGET="">

<INPUT type="button" name="SUBMIT" value="CLICK ME"
onClick="doStuff();"
<INPUT type="hidden" name="someinfo" value="test">

1) Check that the script is executable

and 2) you should probably ask this in the webserver ng.

GIMME

1. Confirm that you can run perl cgi on your server - out
of the box perl cgis are often disabled.

Then try

2. changing GET to POST
3. changing type="button" name="SUBMIT" to type=submit value="Click Me"

PS. If you're tired of it. Do something else. No one cares if you tired
or not.