force a file download dialog in asp does not work in IE 5.5 SP1

Navin

hi,
guys i am using the following code to force a file download dialog in
asp

response.AddHeader "content-disposition","attachment; filename=" &" &
StrFileName

Now the it works fine in ie5.5 sp2 but no ie5.5 sp1 it prompts the
user twice the open dialog box.

i found on microsoft site that it bug in ie 5.5 sp1 and it says to
upgrade to sp2.
but my users are not willing to ugrade there ie.
can you please help me out how can work this in ie5.5 sp1 or anyu
other way to force a file download...

Grant Wagner

Navin said:
hi,
guys i am using the following code to force a file download dialog in
asp

response.AddHeader "content-disposition","attachment; filename=" &" &
StrFileName

Now the it works fine in ie5.5 sp2 but no ie5.5 sp1 it prompts the
user twice the open dialog box.

i found on microsoft site that it bug in ie 5.5 sp1 and it says to
upgrade to sp2.
but my users are not willing to ugrade there ie.
can you please help me out how can work this in ie5.5 sp1 or anyu
other way to force a file download...

No, there's no way to fix it. It's a bug. Microsoft has acknowledged it's
a bug. Microsoft provided a fix for the bug. Use the provided fix.

Tell your users that if they are running Internet Explorer 5.5 Service
Pack 1, they are vulnerable to numerous security vulnerabilities and that
they should upgrade to Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2 (providing
you have a copy downloaded, you can't get it from Microsoft any longer)
and the latest Cumulative Patch <url:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-032.asp /> as
soon as possible.

Of course, even Service Pack 2 will soon cease to be supported <url:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/support/ie55exsupport.asp /> at which
point you won't be able to get /any/ security patches for it.

--
| Grant Wagner <[email protected]>

*

*