  1. is there a way to tell a formular not to take letters or dots or stuff, just
    numbers?

    jochen
    Jochen Fuhrmann, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Jochen Fuhrmann

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Jochen Fuhrmann wrote:

    > is there a way to tell a formular not to take letters or dots or stuff,
    > just numbers?

    This would depend on your server-side program that processes the form. It
    is not a HTML issue.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Oct 5, 2003

  3. "Isofarro" <> schrieb

    > > is there a way to tell a formular not to take letters or dots or stuff,
    > > just numbers?

    > Formular in HTML? Do you mean form field and validating where it contains
    > numbers? That would require Javascript and serverside scripting.

    ok, i'll manage it with phps is_numeric, thought there could be a css thing not
    to allow
    keys

    jochen
    Jochen Fuhrmann, Oct 5, 2003
  4. Jochen Fuhrmann wrote:

    > ok, i'll manage it with phps is_numeric, thought there could be a css
    > thing not to allow keys

    Why? Its a presentational language.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Oct 5, 2003
  5. Jochen Fuhrmann

    Isofarro Guest

    Isofarro, Oct 5, 2003
  6. "David Dorward" <> schrieb

    > > ok, i'll manage it with phps is_numeric, thought there could be a css
    > > thing not to allow keys

    > Why? Its a presentational language.

    what does <input type="text"> present?
    Jochen Fuhrmann, Oct 5, 2003
  7. Jochen Fuhrmann wrote:

    >> > ok, i'll manage it with phps is_numeric, thought there could be a css
    >> > thing not to allow keys

    >> Why? Its a presentational language.

    > what does <input type="text"> present?

    Since when is <input type="text"> something found in CSS?

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Oct 5, 2003
  8. Jochen Fuhrmann

    DU Guest

    Isofarro wrote:

    > Jochen Fuhrmann wrote:
    >

    >>is there a way to tell a formular not to take letters or dots or stuff,
    >>just numbers?

    > Formular in HTML? Do you mean form field and validating where it contains
    > numbers? That would require Javascript and serverside scripting.

    Just client-side script. No need for serverside. I've done this before
    and was able to make it work impeccably in MSIE 4 for Windows.

    DU
    --
    Javascript and Browser bugs:
    DU, Oct 5, 2003
  9. DU wrote:

    > That would require Javascript and serverside scripting.

    > Just client-side script. No need for serverside. I've done this before
    > and was able to make it work impeccably in MSIE 4 for Windows.

    What about the people who doesn't use MSIE 4 for Windows? Or who do, but
    have scripting disabled?

    To ensure data integrity you can not depend on client side testing.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Oct 5, 2003
  10. Jochen Fuhrmann

    DU Guest

    David Dorward wrote:

    > DU wrote:
    >

    >>That would require Javascript and serverside scripting.

    >>Just client-side script. No need for serverside. I've done this before
    >>and was able to make it work impeccably in MSIE 4 for Windows.

    > What about the people who doesn't use MSIE 4 for Windows?

    Sorry, I meant to say MSIE 4+ since the script was working for browsers
    as old as MSIE 4. In fact, the script works flawlessly in all recent
    browsers: Mozilla 0.9.7+, NS 6.1+, MSIE 4+ for windows, Opera 7.x.

    Or who do, but
    > have scripting disabled?
    >
    > To ensure data integrity you can not depend on client side testing.

    Then yes, server-side is needed for cases of javascript support
    inexistent or disabled.

    DU
    --
    Javascript and Browser bugs: