force a formular just to take numbers

Jochen Fuhrmann

is there a way to tell a formular not to take letters or dots or stuff, just
numbers?

jochen

Dylan Parry

Jochen said:
is there a way to tell a formular not to take letters or dots or stuff,
just numbers?

This would depend on your server-side program that processes the form. It
is not a HTML issue.

Jochen Fuhrmann

Isofarro said:
Formular in HTML? Do you mean form field and validating where it contains
numbers? That would require Javascript and serverside scripting.

ok, i'll manage it with phps is_numeric, thought there could be a css thing not
to allow
keys

jochen

DU

Isofarro said:
Jochen Fuhrmann wrote:

Formular in HTML? Do you mean form field and validating where it contains
numbers? That would require Javascript and serverside scripting.

Just client-side script. No need for serverside. I've done this before
and was able to make it work impeccably in MSIE 4 for Windows.

DU
--
Javascript and Browser bugs:

David Dorward

DU said:
That would require Javascript and serverside scripting.
Just client-side script. No need for serverside. I've done this before
and was able to make it work impeccably in MSIE 4 for Windows.

What about the people who doesn't use MSIE 4 for Windows? Or who do, but
have scripting disabled?

To ensure data integrity you can not depend on client side testing.

DU

David said:
DU wrote:

What about the people who doesn't use MSIE 4 for Windows?

Sorry, I meant to say MSIE 4+ since the script was working for browsers
as old as MSIE 4. In fact, the script works flawlessly in all recent
browsers: Mozilla 0.9.7+, NS 6.1+, MSIE 4+ for windows, Opera 7.x.

Or who do, but
have scripting disabled?

To ensure data integrity you can not depend on client side testing.

Then yes, server-side is needed for cases of javascript support
inexistent or disabled.

DU
--
Javascript and Browser bugs: