    me some problems on some pages. I would guess there is a way to do
    this I am just searching for the wrong thing?
    , Feb 8, 2006

  2. Patrice Guest

    AFAIK an ASP page is always executed in its entirety (the server doesn't
    know that the stop button has been clicked).

    You may want to explain the problem you have so that someone could perhaps
    figure the exact cause (which is likely not that). Could it be rather that
    the code runs twice (for example if the user "double click" a submit button
    ?)

    Patrice, Feb 8, 2006

    My issue is on an e-commerce site where I process a transaction and
    that transaction gets processed, but the email at the end of the asp
    file is never sent out. Usually the user ends up with a duplicate
    charge as the transaction gets processed twice but the email
    confirmation only gets sent once.
    , Feb 8, 2006
  4. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 08 feb 2006 in

    > My issue is on an e-commerce site where I process a transaction and
    > that transaction gets processed, but the email at the end of the asp
    > file is never sent out. Usually the user ends up with a duplicate
    > charge as the transaction gets processed twice but the email
    > confirmation only gets sent once.

    Please quote what you are replying to.

    "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the
    top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article
    headers.
    <http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Feb 8, 2006
  5. Patrice Guest

    The page just asks the SMTP server to send the mail and continues to run
    (ie. the control flow continues as soon as the request to the STMTP server
    is done, not once the SMTP server has really sent the mail).

    So it's likely a problem on the SMTP server side. I would check the log or
    the appropriate directories to get some information on those bad mails...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Feb 9, 2006