force asp.net to remove cached page literals asp.net 1.1

Guest

Hi everyone, I am developing an application which uses custom httpmodules and
httphandlers to display 'portaled' content. (asp.net 1.1)

The front end consists of aspx templates which contain masterzones which in
turn have subzones which in turn have modules. (sound familiar!!)

when a request is received an httpmodule looks at the hostname to determine
which portal the request is for before working out which page is being
requested and retreiving the PageInfo object (which is an object describing
ACL, template etc), SubZoneInfo (s) and ModuleInfo (s) (more objects
describing their relative functions ACLs etc) and passing this to a
httphandlerfactory.

The handlerfactory looks at the PageInfo object to determine which aspx
template to load for the page before calling
PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance and building the page... so far so good
and all works well.

The problem is if you change the template in the PageInfo object to try and
load the same zones and modules into a different aspx template it displays
the old template (until iis is recycled). I think this is because asp.net has
cached all the literals for the old aspx template (i.e content it doesn't
expect to change), against the url.

If you then touch the aspx template file it loads correctly with the new
template

The questions are:
Am I right about what asp.net is doing with the 'non changing' literal
content.
If I am correct where is this cached (what is the cache key etc)
If I am incorrect where is it reading the old template from and how can I
force it to refresh.

Any ideas would be very welcome

thanks jd