force asp.net to remove cached page literals asp.net 1.1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZG9uIGNhbGxpbmc=?=, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Hi everyone, I am developing an application which uses custom httpmodules and
    httphandlers to display 'portaled' content. (asp.net 1.1)

    The front end consists of aspx templates which contain masterzones which in
    turn have subzones which in turn have modules. (sound familiar!!)

    when a request is received an httpmodule looks at the hostname to determine
    which portal the request is for before working out which page is being
    requested and retreiving the PageInfo object (which is an object describing
    ACL, template etc), SubZoneInfo (s) and ModuleInfo (s) (more objects
    describing their relative functions ACLs etc) and passing this to a
    httphandlerfactory.

    The handlerfactory looks at the PageInfo object to determine which aspx
    template to load for the page before calling
    PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance and building the page... so far so good
    and all works well.

    The problem is if you change the template in the PageInfo object to try and
    load the same zones and modules into a different aspx template it displays
    the old template (until iis is recycled). I think this is because asp.net has
    cached all the literals for the old aspx template (i.e content it doesn't
    expect to change), against the url.

    If you then touch the aspx template file it loads correctly with the new
    template

    The questions are:
    Am I right about what asp.net is doing with the 'non changing' literal
    content.
    If I am correct where is this cached (what is the cache key etc)
    If I am incorrect where is it reading the old template from and how can I
    force it to refresh.

    Any ideas would be very welcome

    thanks jd
    =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZG9uIGNhbGxpbmc=?=, Jul 4, 2005

  2. anyone?? TIA jd

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9uZG9uIGNhbGxpbmc=?=, Jul 5, 2005