    displays in a new browser window without using javascript?
    Thanks,
    Tina
    T. Seaburn, Aug 28, 2004

  2. instead of a _blank for the name, pass a random value
    window.open(page,System.Text.RegularExpression.Regex.Replace(DateTime.Now,"\\D",string.emptye)...

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Aug 28, 2004

  3. You can't open a new browser window without using client-side scripts.

    "T. Seaburn" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:% ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    Lau Lei Cheong, Aug 30, 2004
  4. T. Seaburn

    GaryB Guest

    Tha's not true. put an ordinary hyperlink on any aspx page and set it's
    target to _blank. execute that hyperlink and the new aspx page will display
    in a new window - no client script involved. I do it all the time.

    GaryB, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Seems that there isn't any click() method associated with HyperLink control,
    how would you "execute" it without using client-side script?

    Btw, the client-side functionalities of ASP.NET are in fact implemented by
    client-side scripts such as the __doPostBack() function.

    "GaryB" <> ¦b¶l¥ó news: ¤¤
    ¼¶¼g...

    Lau Lei Cheong, Sep 1, 2004
  6. T. Seaburn

    GaryB Guest

    the user simply clicks on a hyperlink - no need for an event. Point is that
    you don't need javascript to pop up a new window so if it can be done by a
    hyperlink (without javascript) the notion was that there must be some way to
    do it from code (without javascript)

    > Seems that there isn't any click() method associated with HyperLink

    control,
    > how would you "execute" it without using client-side script?
    >
    > Btw, the client-side functionalities of ASP.NET are in fact implemented by
    > client-side scripts such as the __doPostBack() function.
    >
    > "GaryB" <> ¦b¶l¥ó news:

    ¤¤

    GaryB, Sep 1, 2004
  7. I posted this in your other question

    Response.Write("<script
    type='text/javascript'>detailedresults=window.open('DetailedResults.aspx');</script>")

    =?Utf-8?B?d2hpZ2dpbnM=?=, Sep 2, 2004