force aspx page in new viewer?

T. Seaburn

I have an aspx page that is always invoked by Response.Redirect calls from
other pages. I want my aspx page to always display in a new browser window.
Since the Response.Redirect calls from the other pages can't inoke _blank as
a target value, is there any way I can ensure that my aspx page always
displays in a new browser window without using javascript?
Thanks,
Tina

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

instead of a _blank for the name, pass a random value
window.open(page,System.Text.RegularExpression.Regex.Replace(DateTime.Now,"\\D",string.emptye)...

GaryB

Tha's not true. put an ordinary hyperlink on any aspx page and set it's
target to _blank. execute that hyperlink and the new aspx page will display
in a new window - no client script involved. I do it all the time.

Lau Lei Cheong

Seems that there isn't any click() method associated with HyperLink control,
how would you "execute" it without using client-side script?

Btw, the client-side functionalities of ASP.NET are in fact implemented by
client-side scripts such as the __doPostBack() function.

GaryB

the user simply clicks on a hyperlink - no need for an event. Point is that
you don't need javascript to pop up a new window so if it can be done by a
hyperlink (without javascript) the notion was that there must be some way to
do it from code (without javascript)

Guest

I posted this in your other question

Response.Write("<script
type='text/javascript'>detailedresults=window.open('DetailedResults.aspx');</script>")