Force different page to postback.

Shawn

Any ideas how I can have a button click on one open page force a postback on
a different page.

Guest

Shawn,
without having the button click load the second page in some way into the
browser, and calling its __doPostback client script method, I fail to
understand the logic of why you need to perform this action. Sometimes when
you provide more information, somebody will come up with a more
straightforward technique to accomplish your goal?
Peter

Shawn

Well, basically I have a page that has a custom control with a hyperlink
that opens a new page. I want the closing of that page to cause the parent
page to postback so that I can get a listbox control in the custom control
to make a new call to the database.

The new page that is opened from the hyperlink is designed to add a new
record to the database and the calling control should then automatically
pull that new record.

Guest

Shawn

Funny, I briefly looked at this article earlier, I will take the time with
it as I am using a script to open the new window already. Thanks.

Peter Rilling

You might also try the JS function showModalDialog which has a return value
so that you know when the dialog has closed.