Force font download

T. F.

Hi,

i'm creating a website which uses a very special font that not all
people have on their computer. Without this font the site looks just
ridiculous. Of course I want everyone to see the site in the same way
and as good as possible, so either I could transform all text into
images (which is not such a good solution since there is quite a lot
of text) OR I might try and somehow "force" the user to download and
install the font via javascript.

Is this possible?

Mr. Clean

Hi,

i'm creating a website which uses a very special font that not all
people have on their computer. Without this font the site looks just
ridiculous. Of course I want everyone to see the site in the same way
and as good as possible, so either I could transform all text into
images (which is not such a good solution since there is quite a lot
of text) OR I might try and somehow "force" the user to download and
install the font via javascript.

Is this possible?
Security risks there...

kaeli

Hi,

i'm creating a website which uses a very special font that not all
people have on their computer. Without this font the site looks just
ridiculous. \

Design it better. Users should not have to have special fonts.
Of course I want everyone to see the site in the same way

Too bad. They won't. Even simple tables can look different from netscape
to IE to Mozilla if you use borders, certain colors, horizontal rules,
and other CSS.
and as good as possible, so either I could transform all text into
images (which is not such a good solution since there is quite a lot
of text)

And some of us surf with images off when we're at home with poor
download speeds.
OR I might try and somehow "force" the user to download and
install the font via javascript.

Is this possible?

Better not be. I'd be pretty mad if someone forced me to download
something.
If it is, it's a bug or requires special security settings, depending on
the browser.

~kaeli~
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading
my hard disk?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace