    of text) OR I might try and somehow "force" the user to download and
    install the font via javascript.

    Is this possible?

    T. F., Aug 20, 2003

  2. T. F.

    Mr. Clean Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm creating a website which uses a very special font that not all
    > people have on their computer. Without this font the site looks just
    > ridiculous. Of course I want everyone to see the site in the same way
    > and as good as possible, so either I could transform all text into
    > images (which is not such a good solution since there is quite a lot
    > of text) OR I might try and somehow "force" the user to download and
    > install the font via javascript.
    >
    > Is this possible?

    Security risks there...

    Mr. Clean, Aug 20, 2003

  3. T. F.

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm creating a website which uses a very special font that not all
    > people have on their computer. Without this font the site looks just
    > ridiculous. \

    Design it better. Users should not have to have special fonts.

    > Of course I want everyone to see the site in the same way

    Too bad. They won't. Even simple tables can look different from netscape
    to IE to Mozilla if you use borders, certain colors, horizontal rules,
    and other CSS.

    > and as good as possible, so either I could transform all text into
    > images (which is not such a good solution since there is quite a lot
    > of text)

    And some of us surf with images off when we're at home with poor
    download speeds.

    > OR I might try and somehow "force" the user to download and
    > install the font via javascript.
    >
    > Is this possible?

    Better not be. I'd be pretty mad if someone forced me to download
    something.
    If it is, it's a bug or requires special security settings, depending on
    the browser.

    ~kaeli~
    Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading
    my hard disk?
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Aug 20, 2003